View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #537
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
No doubt they would have been better. I mean by a lot.

But Dirk, Terry, Marion, Kidd... these are not the hungry players they were last year under the lockout/circumstances. Pretty much everybody has taken a step back and right now I can't see how Chandler would have turned this one from a possible sweep into a championship run.

In the end you can't rule it out though. With Tyson you're talking a higher seeding, no Odom distraction (because never traded), much better vibes.
I don't know about a championship run, but they wouldn't have laid down like they did tonight IMO. The center of our defense is as soft as a marshmallow. We lack the intestinal fortitude that Tyson brought last year. There is no defensive presence in the middle. I've always thought that strong teams need strong assertive bigs. The Mavs don't have a single one right now.

Including management would not have signaled that they were not serious about competing.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-04-2012 at 08:35 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote