View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #95
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
I reserve judgement until we see how this offseason and next season go - the moves the front office made were quite obviously not made to win now... that is what we did for the 6 years before that and which has led to a very old roster with quite a few overpaid players.

The FO did think we had a decent team - and if the whole lamar odom thing would have worked out I believe we would have had a solid team (probably not enough to repeat but probably enough to be a top 4 seed and make it to at least round 2).

That's sports.... if everyone knew exactly what kind of effect a player coming or going would have we'd always have the knicks and lakers win because they have the most money to offer.

Plus we were very few lucky/unlucky bounces away from being up 2-0... i guess that was Cubans fault too.
The Mavs let Tyson go before odom. One of the reasons that the Mavs couldn't close out games this year IMO is because the team also took a year off after management did.

Cubans fault, which is actually strange to me since he usually understands organizations quite well, is how effective Tyson was in effecting the culture and chemistry of the Mavs. He would normally really value that more, he has talked about how important it is many times before.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote