View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #82
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianMavsFan View Post
I think it´s strange that none has brought up Carlisle´s coaching. I think we were unable to come up with an answer to their runs, not able to adjust during the game. The team wasn´t good enough, but I don´t think the coach was either.

Saying the refs gave OKC the series is just a joke.
I like this post and I agree. I brought up the coaching a couple times in the GDT. I was disappointed with Rick tonight. I think overall he is an excellent coach, but he has some flaws, and one is that he is far too stubborn and slow to adjust when one player on the other team is going off. It happened with B-Roy last year, Harden tonight and of course some other examples.

Now, the obvious counterargument is, "If he starts throwing 2-3 guys at Harden, then KD and Westbrook are going to run amok." Maybe that's true, but you have to just try some different things. And that goes beyond just putting different guys on Harden to guard him one-on-one up top. That's not good enough when he's scoring/distributing literally every possession for a whole quarter.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote