View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
A few things:

1. According to DLord, Carter's contract pays him roughly 3Mil next season and the one after (he got the full Mini-MLE, plus the allowable raises each year). If he's waived this off season, he's only due 2 Mil for each season, which is stretched out over 5 years for cap purposes. So if Carter's waived he counts 800K on our cap for five years.

2. Assuming we actually dip below the salary cap to sign someone, we lose all exceptions save for the room exception, which is 2.5 Mil for two seasons.

3. There's a roster charge of 473K for every empty roster spot up to 12. So if figuring room under the cap for six players, add 6 * 473K in unavailable cap space.

4. Be careful assuming 61Mil is the salary cap number. I've seen that said a few times, and I've seen it said that it won't move off of 58Mil this season.

5. Also, keep in mind that you have to be under the cap to claim an amnestied player.

6. Ian is early bird eligible, and has a very low cap hold (about 1.1Mil, I believe, which is only 650K more than the basic cap hold). We can keep his rights and then go over the cap to sign him to a league average deal after signing everyone else. Seems pretty likely that will happen.

7. I'd be careful assuming Haywood will be amnestied.
This is why I made this thread - these are all very good points to note...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote