View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
1. According to DLord, Carter's contract pays him roughly 3Mil next season and the one after (he got the full Mini-MLE, plus the allowable raises each year). If he's waived this off season, he's only due 2 Mil for each season, which is stretched out over 5 years for cap purposes. So if Carter's waived he counts 800K on our cap for five years.
I'm curious what your thoughts are on whether they hang on to Vince. I'd be happy to see him stick, myself. His salary is reasonable, his contract and production are tradeable, and between the cap hold and the partial guarantee cutting him would only clear what, like 1.8 million? I guess if you think that's the difference between Deron and no Deron you cut him loose, but otherwise I'm inclined to think he's more of an asset on the roster than off.

Quote:
6. Ian is early bird eligible, and has a very low cap hold (about 1.1Mil, I believe, which is only 650K more than the basic cap hold). We can keep his rights and then go over the cap to sign him to a league average deal after signing everyone else. Seems pretty likely that will happen.
That makes me happy.

Quote:
7. I'd be careful assuming Haywood will be amnestied.
I agree in the sense that they're not even going to think about cutting him loose without knowing exactly how the freed up funds will be used, but at the same time, don't you think that if Dallas can come to an agreement with one of the top 3 PGs on the market (Deron/Nash/Dragic), that it'll be incumbent upon them to make a hard push for a more offensively capable replacement for Wood in the starting lineup?

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 05-07-2012 at 09:52 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote