View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I understand the annoyance at having to pay someone to go away but if the amnesty isn't used on someone like Haywood, who would it be used on?
Actually, you can only amnesty players who were on the roster before the new CBA went through... That means only Dirk, Haywood, Marion, Roddy and DoJo are eligible. You're obviously not amnestying Dirk and Roddy/DoJo aren't going to save you any money, so the ONLY two candidates are Haywood and Marion.

Of course, Cuban still has to pay anyone who gets amnestied (they just don't count against the cap), so he'd probably prefer to amnesty nobody and try to trade Haywood and/or Marion. The amnesty clause should really be viewed as a last-ditch effort to clear up cap space for incoming talent.

That said, I don't think anybody would trade for Haywood right now (although I'd keep the Bobcats and Raptors on speed dial just in case...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-08-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote