View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #111
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
My thoughts on the whole "dismantling of the team."

1. We don't know what was said between Cuban and Dirk two summers ago.

2. Dirk took a discount.

3. Dirk stated that he and Cuban talked about him resigning to give it one more try for a championship.

4. Dirk mentioned, post-championship, about being surprised it came in the first year of his new contract. While he never directly said, "We met the goal." He implied it more than once. How many times did he say something like, "I've been to the Olympics and now won a title, all my dreams have come to fruition etc..?"

5. What if, and I know it is speculation, but it is founded on some reality, What if Dirk and Cuban agreed that Cuban would keep spending until they won a Championship or Dirk's four year deal ran out? Cuban has kept this ship afloat for MANY MANY MANY years past the point when others would have "blown it up."

6. Maybe Dirk and Cuban had an agreement that Mark would spend until a title, and then they would begin the rebuilding process.

7. If point 6 is the case, then NO ONE should bitch that it happened in the first year.

8. How many of you expected, that after Lebron went to Miami, we would hoist a trophy before Dirk retired? Be honest with yourselves on this one. If you can't answer, "Without a doubt.," then SHUT THE F*@K UP.

9. Many of you were screaming that Mark should let Dirk go ring chasing, after The Decision. How do you think that would have turned out for Dirk, this franchise?

10. Losing sucks, losing without ever winning a title sucks worse.

You know what, I have never bumped my own post, but these are my thoughts/feelings about this season, and they have been buried on a dying thread. Just wanted one more chance to get my POV across.

Now back to lurking obscurity. See you next May.