View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #37
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
The problem is that every other team with money is going to chase Dragic or Kaman or tender a big offer to Hibbert. Overpaying for them may not be enough - we'll probably have to grossly overpay over a number of years. How much are those guys worth?

If the mavs don't sign Deron, I don't expect to see them blow the money on secondary targets. I'd expect them to find a key player in the amnesty pile, try to move up in the draft, purchase a pick if they can, and tender some short 2 or 3 year deals to vets who's windows correspond with Dirk's (and with the drastic tax hikes).
The new CBA thing no longer allows purchasing draft picks. Trading up on the other hand would be awesome. Dallas definitely needs a young guy with high potential. If we roll one-year-contract vet players out again this year I am going to do some serious yelling. That's not how to build a team. I'd rather a team full of all rookies.