View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #2102
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Did anyone catch the Deron discussion on the Hardline yesterday? I was stuck in traffic for an hour on the way home, and decided to tune in. Not only did Corby and Rhyner have absolutely zero idea of the specifics involved in why Deron might want to come here, Rhyner treated us to his theory that "those kind of players don't want to come here." Never mind that this is the first time in the Cuban era that the Mavs have actually had serious cap room.

Don't get me wrong, I have no idea what will happen just like everyone else, but they listed Prokhorov as one of the reasons Deron would re-sign with the Nets. Rhyner also stated that Deron had never once discussed Dallas as a place he would like to play throughout the course of his career, going all the way back to Utah. He added that Deron wasn't a "difference-maker." Needless to say, before going from throwing up a little in my mouth to having to pull over and spew out of my car door, I grabbed a CD and made much better use of my time. What an absolute abortion that program is. It's one thing to broadcast to the lowest common denominator, all while joking about how above-it-all they are, but their grasp of what's really happening in the sports world is an absolute joke.
Don't listen to Rhyner and Corby for intelligent basketball talk.. or intelligent hockey talk. I suppose you can get decent baseball talk out of Rhyner... But, they're still the most listenable afternoon drive time sports talk show station that's on the air in the metroplex.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote