View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #75
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
In 2009 Miles played 22 mpg in 72 games and scored at a rate of just under 15 pp36 on 54.6% true shooting. And he's going to be 25 next year. If you define upside as the capacity for improvement relative to his most recent (inarguably poor) performance levels and the standards implied by a near-minimum contract, those constitute two perfectly obvious reasons for thinking that Miles might have some upside.

As for Booby, West and Azu, Booby could get traded, and if he doesn't will probably be looking at further point guard development, West is a free agent who may get an offer that doesn't fit into the salary structure that Dallas has mapped out, and Azu is already signed (on account of his upside, btw), so it's pretty much impossible for Dallas to sign Miles before him.
By most recent, you mean 4 seasons straight, with a degrading level of play in each of those seasons? I don't understand that "it's pretty much impossible for Dallas to sign Miles before him" sentence, i asked why would you wanna sign Miles, when you have players at the position that are better than him? 15PPG per 36 on 54%TS in his best year? Ok. Roddy's rookie season was 20,4 PP36 on 61%TS.

Azubuike? 19 PP36 on 64%TS (he also had 3 other season what was better than Miles' best, that would make... all of his 4 seasons). West? 3 better seasons overall from a scoring efficiency standpoint. No need to compare their defense. What else do i miss? Maybe some intrigued about his prototypical SG size? Surely this cannot be, as he's a terrible rebounder, and a bad defender. There is no logical argument for him.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote