View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #23
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Here would be my max players

Max:
Durant
LBJ
Wade
Rose
Westbrook
Love
LMA
CP3
Bynum
Deron
Harden

Fringe/Potential future Max guys:
Anthony Davis
Kyrie Irving
Blake Griffin
Demarcus Cousins
Roy Hibbert
I see you left out Kobe and Dirk. I can accept that since I wouldn't offer either a full length max contract. Melo is a guy that I think has just had bad recent press. I think I'd still offer him a full length max contract. Griffin is a guy I could sour on but if he were available right now I'd definitely offer him a max deal (although he'd be a terrible fit with Dirk, but so would LMA and Love)

I accept Harden. Anthony Davis and Cousins are not currently guys I'd offer but I see the potential you do. Roy Hibbert is where I disagree. I don't think he was potential to be a true max top 15NBA player. I think he will certainly get a max deal because all bigs get overpaid.

In response to you comments on my list:
I'm not sold on Rondo or Wall yet, but I think they are nearly there. If Wall had a good stable situation with a hard nosed coach like Pop or Thibs, I would be confident he would curb his terrible offensive decisions. Rondo is almost a young JKidd. He needs to be in a good situation though. I will say that I doubt Rondo ever makes the jump. Wall has a higher ceiling, but Kyrie Irving is definitely better than both right now.
Greg Monroe can learn to play D. He is an efficient low post player who passes well, shoots free throws well, rebounds great and is 21!! You can't put Cousins on the fringe (his TS% is terrible by the way) and not put Monroe with his potential.

Last edited by Scott McGuire; 05-15-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote