Thread: Plan C?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #20
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Just because someone can't carry a team offensively doesn't mean they don't have to be accounted for offensively. KG is way, way more skilled than the vast majority of centers out there, and it absolutely would be difficult for someone like Bynum to guard him effectively and still play help defense.

I think you can make a pretty strong case that KG and Nash (if they played like they did this season) might represent a better core next season than Deron and whatever else you can get. You take Deron if you can for the long term, but next year, a team of KG, Nash and Dirk would be very stout.

I think a lot of people around here might have slept on just how good KG was this season, because he was really, really good, especially defensively. I think he's one of the very few guys that could offset what Nash takes off the table defensively.
I agree. KG can hit the elbow and out jumper very consistently. He can also finish plays even if they were difficult feeds. I don't think we can stress how much Offense was our problem this year. We need people to be able to get points and KG>Haywood/Ian/Wright on offense. I was one of those people who didn't look to closely at KG until the last few month where Boston went on their run. AND wouldn't it be great to have your main "center" shoot 85% on Free throws!!

Since KG can hit the set shot Nash would be able to create lots of easy opportunities for him. And KG + Marion means we'd have 2 great defenders to cover for Nash and Dirk.

The "Expendables" team would be really interesting.

Last edited by Scott McGuire; 05-16-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote