Thread: Plan C?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #94
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Watching the Heat play with out Bosh has me thinking this Big 3 thing isn't all that great in this new CBA Era. I mean you got 3 guys out there who should be playing 40 minutes per scoring 20 each. Right now they're pulling in what 17 million each, leaving 4 million in space, the rest of the bench are filled by old vets or young late draft picks. #3 of the Big 3 goes down and it's a huge void with #1 and #2 trying to pick up for #3's void. I mean they're all human and one play away from a series changing play...Bosh...Rose. Now all year Battier, Miller, Haslem, Anthony have all been watching the Big 3 play, now in the ultimate series, they're asked to pick it up. Miami really has to hope one of their draft picks turns into Rondo or a Perkins. Given the Mavs last 3-4 drafts, has me wondering if a Big 3 is such a good idea. I still see the need for that star, go to guy, but how about building a team like Indiana where there's good depth.
I believe MBT's plan is simply get people whose value exceeds their contract. Max contract superstars are underpaid. LeBron, Wade and Bosh are all worth way more than they are getting. If that opportunity arrises you jump at it.

Deron at the max we can pay is a bargin. Players like Dragic/Batum/McGee will be bid on till their contracts will be more than they are worth. If another true Max player wanted to commit to Dallas within what we can pay you are getting a deal.

The problem of injury always exists. You can't try to plan for it. Imagine our true "team" last year without any one of our non-superstar players Tyson/Terry/Kidd/Marion/Barea. Without anyone of those our odds drop significantly.

Last edited by Scott McGuire; 05-18-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote