View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Christ. No, it wasn't a fluke. It was an outlier relative to the norm, in this way and several others. Winning a championship with only one all-star? Also an outlier. That doesn't mean it's a "fluke." You don't "fluke" your way into 16 playoff wins.

But of course, I'm not really expecting you to be precise or thoughtful with your word choice.
I don't disagree with you. In fact, I think people make the same mistake when they dismiss Nellie's teams. Lot of people say that Nellie's style could "never win it all"...but it came damn close in '03. Dirk doesn't go down against the Spurs, and maybe we take that series, and the one after. The "fluke" was the injury, not the success of the style.

OKC of this year and last is likely going to deal with this same issue. On perhaps slightly different dimensions...but the same issue.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote