View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #92
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't know that a 61Mil cap has been rumored. DLord stated once that there seems to be language in the CBA agreement that anticipates that, but he's been very quick to point out that no one really knows what it's going to be. You're assuming a significant uptick in cap room in your scenario, AND you're being incredibly optimistic (imo) when you claim that 14Mil might be enough to bring Deron here.
It has been rumored. There are dozens of articles online that refer to it. Not saying that makes it valid, just saying it's been out there, which is what makes it a rumor. A lot more folks than DLord have thrown this number around.

So yes--I am assuming an uptick in cap room (which has been rumored, and which I have already clearly stated as a key assumption); and I'm assuming $15 million may be enough to convince Deron to come to Dallas, or as I already stated, at least give enough leverage to push the Nets into a S&T. We couldn't offer him much more than $17 million anyway, even if we had infinite cap room, due to the CBA rules on max salaries. $15MM in Dallas will go twice as far as $17MM in NYC. I've lived in both places. Sure, if he's only about the benjamins, he'll stay in Brooklyn--but if that were already a foregone conclusion, nobody would even be talking about him coming to Dallas (or anywhere else) anyway.

Did I say any of this is likely? In fact, it can't happen, because Tyson DID NOT re-sign with the Mavs. But it's a more feasible hypothetical than a lot of the ridiculous speculation that gets bandied about on this board.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote