View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #57
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
Not sure I agree with this. He took a fairly young Indiana team and by all accounts overachieved with them when suspensions and injuries decimated the team.

I think he's capable of coaching up young players, but I do think there is a concern about his loyalty to his vets at times. That said, the counter argument could be made that he's given significant time to youngsters when merited --- Wright, Mahimi.
Carlisle is definitely capable of doing a great job with young guys but his track record is pretty bad here in Dallas. Who have we really had, though? I think Roddy has come along about as well as can be expected for a guy that raw and with that many injuries. Jones was just not made for the NBA.

If we had a first rounder with a lot of excitement, he'd probably have to develop them and I'd say he has a pretty good track record at that. I'd assume the 17th pick would be in that category if we ended up keeping it. I don't think he usually keeps young guys from playing on principle but I think he's a coach that really respects basketball IQ and feel for the game. Roddy is just way too inexperienced to have any good feel for the game. DoJo just always looked lost and wasn't the physical specimen we thought he could be. If we get a 3-4 year college kid with a good feel for the game (or a guy like Rivers who has an unnaturally mature feel for the game despite being a freshman), I could see them making an impact next year or at least seeing the floor as a second stringer.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-31-2012 at 01:56 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote