View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #2623
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Jordan, Nene, Chandler, Gasol.

10, 13, 13.8, 14.3

Taking only the contracts given out post CBA, please explain to me how the current DPOY is overpaid.
What's wrong with calling all 4 of them overpaid? It's winner's remorse. The Nuggets were a prime example. In general all free agents are overpaid (Delonte West aside). You have to choose who you overpay. Just because you have to pay them that to get them doesn't magically make them worth it.

We can stop talking about Tyson (I'm a big advocate of trying to not talk about Tyson) since a few people are grumbling. The alternative would be to talk about…. Hibbert I guess?

I agree completely with this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
The goal this year was not to win a championship as it had been for so many before; it was to stay financially flexible to lure Howard and Williams to Dallas.
I disagree about the part where Tyson doesn't cripple our chances at winning championships in the future (not this year, we'd obviously been better this year). No way Deron/Dwight come without full cap space.

Let's not rehash all the arguments about it though. Let's just not post anything as we inwardly hope Deron signs with us next month.