View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #90
|_Jeff_|

|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'm not taking away from it. Those are just numbers, I look at how they got those numbers more than the actual number itself. They had to catch lightning in a bottle numerous times in order to come back from what seemed like insurmountable deficits.

Dirk Nowitzki? HE was dominant. The 2011 Mavericks will never be considered one of the most dominant champions the league has ever seen. They will hopefully go down as one of the most persistent and resilient ones anyone as seen.
I get where you're coming from - the way they whipped the Lakers and Thunder was unexpected. But each series victory was convincin. The NBA could have made those series best-of-fifteen and the Mavs would have still won. So it wasn't lightning in a bottle from that perspective - the Mavs were just better. The Heat? If you gave them enough games they may have figured it out and came back in the series. I doubt it. The Mavs finished them off with three straight including the last two by double digits.

The part about Dirk. Yes he was very good but that's par for the course with playoff Dirk. He had some stinkers in there where the team picked him up including the closeout game 6 in the Finals. Jet was the player that played way over his head - you could say that was the stroke of lightning.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
|_Jeff_| is offline   Reply With Quote