View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #104
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Maybe that's too strong of a word. But facing the odds is a better bet. It's the same reason why you don't double down with a soft 17 against a face but you do every time when showing a 3.

You are always in the mix until the dealer shows the cards. But the smart man knows when to put it in his favor. And while it may not look like it, Cuban set the Mavs up in his favor for the forseeable future. And the Mavs have no future if he re-signs Chandler. And they definitely don't have a ring too.
You're welcome to that point of view. I don't like it, because I don't like any statements along the lines of "the Mavs have no future if he re-signs Chandler." I especially don't like it when the team just won a championship with same said Chandler.

What really doesn't get talked about a whole lot is that the line you are taking basically says, simply, that whoever we can get with Chandler's money is better than Chandler is. (And that assumes we do get someone in that class.) We'll see about that. You may be right.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote