View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #105
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're welcome to that point of view. I don't like it, because I don't like any statements along the lines of "the Mavs have no future if he re-signs Chandler." I especially don't like it when the team just won a championship with same said Chandler.
And Peja. And Barea. And Stevenson. Peja retired so he wasn't coming back. Would you have also re-signed Barea and Stevenson? Because both were instrumental at various points of the Finals. And Peja was huge for the Mavs to get to the Finals.

Quote:
What really doesn't get talked about a whole lot is that the line you are taking basically says, simply, that whoever we can get with Chandler's money is better than Chandler is. (And that assumes we do get someone in that class.) We'll see about that. You may be right.
If you can get a superstar with the 17 million. Absolutely. If you can get 2 role players. Absolutely.

I'd rather have **options** than be the New York Knicks of the West. You know, the team that repeatedly outbids everyone for nonsuperstars... then wonders why the hell their team constantly sucks.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote