View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #106
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
And Peja. And Barea. And Stevenson. Peja retired so he wasn't coming back. Would you have also re-signed Barea and Stevenson? Because both were instrumental at various points of the Finals. And Peja was huge for the Mavs to get to the Finals.
Well, that is true. One of the remarkable things about last year's team is that every single guy on the roster, just about, played a huge role in at least one win. Would I have kept Barea and the junkyard dog? Of course I would have! (I would have been okay with Peja retiring.) But still...while your point is made...I think it remains true that Chandler was a more important piece than the others.

Quote:
If you can get a superstar with the 17 million. Absolutely. If you can get 2 role players. Absolutely.

I'd rather have **options** than be the New York Knicks of the West. You know, the team that repeatedly outbids everyone for nonsuperstars... then wonders why the hell their team constantly sucks.
I hope so. But I'm not entirely sold yet. "Options" or "flexibility" means nothing, until it is ultimately cashed in. As I said, we'll wait and see.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote