View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #134
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Nellie was certainly very creative offensively. And yes dirk has been very complimentary of him, and Avery and everyone really except for diva wade. But I don't see that anyone would have taken away dirks outside shooting or forced him to battle on the blocks instead of playing him like a three. Dirk is... He just is.. He's a freak, we have never seen anything like him before, durant appears to be the closest that I've seen.

Unless the coach were a complete idiot no one was going to force him to play like a power player IMO. I don't think there are many idiots in the nba, college..high school..yes, but nba, nah. Avery is the closest I've seen.

Dirk obviously paved the way for players coming up to play more outside but so did Europe in general.

Edit: I thought durant was closer to seven feet as well. Nba.com has him as 6'9"
This is just pretty shortsighted, dude. You're essentially saying that Dirk was destined to develop the way he developed. That's ridiculous. Dirk is incredibly talented and his work ethic is unmatched, but you're absolutely fooling yourself if you don't think he could have potentially turned out a lot worse--or maybe just a lot different--with a different coach in his younger days. Like anyone else in any job, Dirk's a product of a lot more than just his talent and hard work. Circumstances matter a ton.

Frankly, the whole exercise is just useless.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-16-2012 at 08:10 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote