View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
The only thing I saw that he really did better this season than last was shoot the midrange jumper. He didn't look any more like a PG to me than he did before. And he didn't at all look like one before. Doesn't mean he's not a hell of a player, of course.
He was extremely formidable as a pull-up shooter off the elbow. The pick and roll really killed teams, like Dallas, with Westbrook as he showed that he had the capability of hitting that shot. Even with that, he's absolutely relentless as an attacker towards the rim. The next step for him on offense is developing that Tony Parker floater. If he can get that and continue to develop as a spot-up shooter, he'll be absolute murder.

With the pieces OKC has, I don't think they need Westbrook to be a pure or true PG. The fact of the matter is that concept of a pure PG is a dying breed. What they do need is some form of offense. They just rely on their scorer's to break through tough defenses on their own.