View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #23
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
That pull-up is what I saw as an improvement. Attacking..he was already phenomenal at that. A floater can't hurt, but until his explosiveness starts to ebb I wouldn't expect it to make much of an impact on his overall effectiveness.

As for him being a pure point, I agree they don't need that. They do need him to get better at delivering the ball to Durant, though.
I guess I just look at the floater as a preemptive move to ensure he doesn't have to go the Wade route. To this day, Wade will go hard to the rim and take a fall, even if he really doesn't need to. That stuff will wear on you and eventually lead to breakdowns. If you can develop the floater early and minimize the damage, I think it's in your best interest (game wise and durability wise).

I agree with the point with Durant, but KD has got to make himself more available and do so in positions that are more favorable for himself and the team. He's got to work closer to the basket. I'm not saying he needs to be going to Hakeem and working on post stuff, but he does need to operate closer with a more consistent starting point than 22-25 feet away from the basket.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-24-2012 at 08:16 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote