View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #178
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think it's funny that people are laughing at other teams for over paying guys and people honestly want us to get into the dragic bidding war and pay him 9-10 mill a year for a guy that has played hard but is far from a star.

It reeks of desperation in the worst way.
I'll have to respectfully disagree. You're getting him for what he can give you now and for what he can potentially give you in the future. To me, he's a guy who has been a great change of pace backup and has performed well in opportunities where he's been given more or actually started.

Last year (per 36 mins): 15.9 points, 7.2 assists with 46% shooting from the field. You can look at the stretch he had to finish the year, actual starter minutes with Lowry out and he averaged around 17 points, 7.7 assists with 48% shooting and 37% shooting from range. He saw a nice uptick in PER, as well.

I think he needs work from three-point land, but he's a fearless guy who will attack the basket.

He still needs more grooming, but I'm sold he's worth the money.