View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #51
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how to judge lifestyle for millionaires - much less very young multi-millionaires celebrities - but it'd be hard to find a metric where Dallas is at the top.

I think we have to accept this as an inherent disadvantage. Then if our contract offer comes short (as it will be with the new CBA), it is almost impossible to win. It was competitive with Deron because we are recent champs and he's from Dallas but really, the best (meaning stable and predictable, not necessarily best payout) strategy in free agency is to go for guys who won't get max offers or to build outside of free agency.

I was wondering today how much Cuban was inspired by Miami in 2010. If Miami was never able to pull off the coup they did, would the Mavs have stuck to a more traditional script (overpay a championship team to repeat and reload/rebuild more organically over time) - which is pretty much what you see every championship team in sports do. Gotta give it to Miami... Pat Riley is a slick mofo and Wade is a wiley dude.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote