View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #275
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. I think he might. But to even get him to consider it the total would have to be competitive with whatever NY can manage for three years. Like I said above. With the news about NY, I can see an argument that 3 years might be the smarter way to go.
2. Allen in lieu of Roy is what I was thinking. With Roy and Lee as two possible substitutes for Ray. It'd be tricky enough to get Nash/Allen/Camby from a cap standpoint. I have a hard time imagining they could get Roy too. But I guess it just depends on what he's going to get paid. I have no idea where the market is on him right now.
3. Starting role. Opportunity to play with Nash/Allen/Marion/Dirk. Haywood would have to be moved/amnestied to make it possible, I'm sure. Marcus' presumably lower per-year (as compared to Wood) would probably also be required to make the acquisitions of both Steve and Ray possible as well. You'd obviously have to either re-sign Ian or get Pryz on a vet min deal or something like that, too.
Okay, so let me play along for a minute...

Camby - FA to be signed - James
Nowitzki - Wright
Marion - Carter - Crowder
Allen - Cunningham
Nash - West - Beaubois

I would have fun rooting for that team, but I think that our backcourt would get chewed up on defense. Maybe Cunningham could have more of an impact than I think he would.

EDIT: Forgot West in my chart...

Last edited by kg_veteran; 07-04-2012 at 02:03 PM.
kg_veteran is offline   Reply With Quote