View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #279
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
My inclination is still to go for Dragic, Roy, and Camby, and attempt to do so in a manner that doesn't hamstring our options in next year's FA class. But maybe that's unrealistic.
You could do Dragic and Roy and still be a player next year, assuming Roy ends up signing for only one year (would anybody actually give him multiple years?), though you'd probably want to move Marion or Wood by the trade deadline.

I know you're a big Dragic fan, but I'm curious: do you like him even at 4/40? Or does your interest presume a lower figure than that? Beyond that, if they did go for Dragic, how far away do you see them being? Would some good luck on a Roy signing (which I'd classify as him being able to give you 20+ mpg in the playoffs) plus Camby then be enough to get them into contention next year in your mind? And if not, what would you advocate doing? Better to go ahead and bite the bullet by trading Shawn to a contender now in exchange for some cheap youth/picks? I have to think there are some playoff teams out there looking back at the freight train that was LeBron James in the playoffs and thinking to themselves that a guy like Marion is exactly what they need.