View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #49
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
So the Spurs re-sign Danny Green for something in the 3 year/10-12M range and Tim Duncan for what sounds like 3yr/$12M. This effect of these two signings puts the Spurs team salary at around $60+M.

I think most would agree that the Spurs organization is one of the most shrewd and competent FOs in the business. And they appear to be moving forward with a plan that puts them over the cap, albeit under the luxury tax level. Compare this to our Mavs MBT that is still sitting on their hands. But the good news is that the Mavs have capspace and financial flexibility... the Spurs on the other hand have a competitive team for the next three years. With every new day more evidence accumulates that Cuban and Co. have made a huge mistake. Very, very sad.

Edit: I also read that that they plan to re-sign Diaw with a two year deal. Not sure what his salary per will be.
I'm not so sure about Manu and Tim...thoes guys have been in playoff wars for years.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote