View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #34
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
ok, i may be out of the loop for this, but can some CBA experts clarify exactly how this new cba differs from the old one that so drastically altered cuban's strategy going forward?

iirc, in the new cba, there's no hard cap, thus teams are not legally forbidden to spend however much money they want on signing players.

so, is the difference the level of the LT penalty? in old cba, you pay twice if you go above lt threshold, in the new one, you must pay three times? five times? ten times?

there got to be more than that, right? otherwise, the new cba is not that much different than the old one. actually it'll be basically the same: under old cba, cuban can use his cash to overpay good players, and under new cba, cuban-on-steroid (i.e., prokhorov) will still be able use his cash to overpay good players.

actually, cuban in his email basically said something like if teams have bad contracts, it doesn't matter how much money you have.

so, calling those cba experts: could you please help me to understand exactly the new cba's mechanism through which max contracts to roddy and vince carter will prevent mavs from improving the team in the future, even if cuban would have, say, 20 billion in cash?

Thanks in advance!
Larry Coon to the rescue!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote