View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #129
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Let's talk Roster

19.1 mill - Dirk
8.7 mill - Marion
8.0 mill - Kaman
3.1 mill - Carter (almost said Stackhouse again)
2.9 mill - Dahntay Jones
2.3 mill - Collison
2.2 mill - Roddy
1.3 mill - Dojo (was going to say D. Jones but that also fails()
1.0 mill - Wright
1.0 mill - Cunningham
0.8 mill - player holds for teams under 12 players (same amount as it would take to sign Crowder and James)
-------------------
50.4 mill
58.0 mill cap
=================
7.6 mill cap space to play with.

Kaman/Wright/James
Dirk/ ?
Marion/Carter/Crowder
Jones/Roddy/Cunningham/Dojo
Collison

Center - Looks pretty good. Wright can be effective as backup dependent on matchup. James probably won't see much time.

Power Forward - Marion is an able backup to Dirk there. Wright is also a natural PF if he's allowed to play. I'd love to see Brand here to bolster that a bit too.

SF - The small forward position is nicely stacked. Marion and Carter both provide different things and both can teach Crowder how to work his Pippen/Artest magic.

SG - position is deep but scares me a bit. Jones may get the starting nod and he's a vet. Without PG skills, Roddy will get a lot of burn there but he's been inconsistent so far. Cunningham is a still-developing rookie. DoJo is trash and shouldnt even be put on the depth chart.

PG - the position is pretty sketchy right now. Collison is a great addition and he's performed (particularly in the playoffs). I could see Roddy and Cunningham getting some burn there but it seems like the offense stagnates when Roddy has to facilitate the offense. He was best playing off the ball with Kidd, Terry or Dirk controlling the offense. Cunningham is unproven.

I don't want to get too deep that our rookies don't get burn because I am actually really excited about Crowder and the potential of Cunningham. I just think we could use one more big and one more PG-type.

7.6mill to play with....lets get it done.
Dirk's at 20.9 Mil.

They have right at 6Mil of cap space, by my calculation and DLord (and a few others)

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-12-2012 at 02:28 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote