View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #191
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I gotta say, UD, I don't think the post you responded to from Jeff was THAT out of line.

Haywood and Kaman have both been solid-average NBA centers for their career. Kaman has been a bit overrated because he puts up inefficient offensive numbers. Haywood was a bit underrated because his calling card was defense which doesn't always translate to a box score.

Now, I expect Kaman to become more efficient playing on the court with Dirk, but let's not assume he's going to dominate. I'm happy we have him, but is he a HUGE upgrade over Haywood? No, I don't think so.
I actually think Brand is the better player. But, Brand won't be the starter because he'll also be Dirk's backup. I'd rather see Kaman in the 10-11 pt range per game with Brand around 13-15.. but that's just me. That's alot of points to come out of the Center and PF position.

Anyway the Mavs can go back and not sign Kaman... win the bid for Scola? Yeah, creates some defensive issues, but I can live with that.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-16-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote