View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #195
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
OHH Jayziss!?! Here we go, the caretaker of all terrible Mav centers is here. Haywood was underrated because his calling card was defense. What you meant to say, or should say is Haywood could only contribute at a slightly above average level was on defense, nothing else. So by default Haywoods calling card was on defense.
In his prime, Haywood was considered one of the better defensive centers in the NBA. Dwight Howard called him a candiate for DPOY once, saying no one defended him better.

Haywood slipped here, but even still, he had an acceptable year last year before getting hurt.

I'm not sure people understand JUST how inefficient of an offensive player Kaman has been recently. Again, I expect that to improve, but if it somehow doesn't, it will be a big problem.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-16-2012 at 11:15 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote