Thread: Mayo to Dallas!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #124
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Agreed. But the crux of the argument is the fact that we haven't seen Roddy's ceiling yet. What if we have? And so what if we haven't? Is this the year? Is next year? We just don't know and that's why I choose Delonte over Roddy because he is a known commodity. I'm not saying Delonte is make it or break it, there's a reason why he'll be getting only 2.5M from the Mavericks if he elects to re-sign, I'm merely just pointing out what is known versus what is unknown.

Furthermore, I can guarantee that every guy in that locker room would choose Delonte as well.
Yeah, i dont think we're disagreeing exactly. I actually agree with a lot of what you wrote. Id like to see Delonte re-sign for all the reasons we've all enumerated. But especially because we dont entirely know what to expect from Collison i.e. can he be consistent and trusted to run the point.

Personally i think this team still needs some scoring punch and that Roddy will get first crack at 6th man/instant offense off the bench role as a 2 guard.
Delonte or not.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote