Thread: Mayo to Dallas!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #141
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Starting to look like a bunch of castoffs, players with incentives to boost their value, and a bunch of young guys. Dirk and RC will have to lead like never before.
Definitely a danger. Flexibility like this can be a double-edged sword. If the season starts to go south, it can be like herding cats with everybody playing for his own next contract.

Not much of a danger with a vet like Brand who's got his money made, or even an older player like Kaman, who has had a chance to earn some money, and seems to understand buying into team goals.

But Mayo might be a bit of a wild card in this regard, given his youth, and if he feels like he has to 'audtiion' for a payday. His trajectory in Memphis should be more of a question mark, I'd think. A younger, more athletic Vernon Maxwell, maybe? Guess you just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Does this team kind of remind anyone of the 2005/2006 Mavericks?
Big bodies, Kaman and Brand (Dampier and Diop) - Advantage 2012/2013
Gotta disagree here. I think Dampier and Diop were overachievers, but they were the best big-man tandem since the Mavs had Donadlson and Tarpley. Whatever his other faults were, Avery made Diop/Dampier work far better than anyone had a right to expect them to, at least in 05-06. Kaman and Brand may be more productively offensively, but I'd be skeptical about them defensively until they prove different.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 07-17-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote