View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #44
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

List of PGs I'd take over Deron Williams:
Paul
Rondo
Rose
Westbrook
Parker

List of Centers I would take over Tyson Chandler:
Howard
Bynum

One of those guys was already on the team and would have re-signed for a decent amount. One would have helped the team not get swept in the first round, making us a more favorable sign & trade destination for the other. Meanwhile we would get a legit title defense. Now we're stuck with a bunch of guys on one year deals, not sure of what Dirk will have around him when he's 35. If Dirk retires in two years without having been competitive for the final three years of his career, will that change your minds? I ask honestly, because this subject will be revisited for the rest of the time Dirk is in Dallas as long as his team isn't a legit contender.

I mean, come on. His departure was the major roster change for a team that went from winning a championship to getting swept in the first round. He made an all-NBA team. He won defensive player of the year. He was the youngest member of our championship 5. He's starting for team USA. We could have had him for $12 million a year. And he was worth throwing away for the hope that two other guys would sign here for less than the max. Crazy man. Ya'll hilarious.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote