View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #59
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Rondo, to me, is not even remotely debatable. Rondo averages 10 points a game for God's sake. He's a great defender and a good assist man (although his A/TO numbers aren't that great), but he's not in Williams class (or anyone else you mentioned). And he's certainly never been the best player on the Celtics.
The year Kidd finished second in the MVP race, he averaged 14.7 ppg on 13.9 shots, on 39.1% shooting. Last year Rondo averaged 11.9 on 10.8 shots, on 44.8% shooting. And he's "certainly never been the best player on the Celtics?" Not even when he went 44-10-8 against the Heat in a playoff game the Celtics would have won if Wade was called for a clear foul on Rondo in overtime? Then there's this:

Quote:
Ainge: 'Rondo's been our best player'

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge would not comment publicly on the report that the Celtics are actively shopping Rajon Rondo, who turned in his 16th career triple-double last night in the Celtics' 102-96 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks.

"I do not make comments on trade rumors because it never ends," he told the Globe this afternoon. "Rondo's been our best player."

During a December press conference before training camp, Ainge admitted that he offered Rondo in a potential deal for Chris Paul. But an NBA source said that Rondo is not being dangled out there for any deal but the Celtics will
listen to offers if it will improve the team.

Rondo is a three-time all-star and perhaps one of the most versatile point guards in the game.

"Rajon has been spectacular at times this year," Ainge said.
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...rondos_be.html

or this:

Quote:
Rondo has gone from supporting-cast member to leading man after helping Boston's veteran Big Three win a title in 2008. He may not score much from the perimeter, but Rondo is a nightly triple-double threat who is also capable of shutting down his counterpart.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...4/14/index.htm - (note that the list is explicitly "in no particular order")

Wtf are you smoking man?

Quote:
As for Parker, I'm not real sure what criteria you're using in saying Williams has never had a season like Parker's last season. Not really computing for me.
Where do you want to start? PER? MVP Shares? Winning?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 07-20-2012 at 11:40 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote