View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #70
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I assure you that Cuban doesn't hold PER in any higher standing than WS. I don't like WS either, but you're the one using MVP voting in this argument.

I was quoting BasketballReference PER, which as Deron as having a 22.1 season in the past.

I'll take Garnett as the best player on the Celtics last year. Rondo has had some incredible bursts, and some great playoff runs, but over the course of a whole season and playoffs I don't think he's ever been their best player. It's very, very hard to be the best player on a team when you can't shoot and average under 12 points a game.

And Deron Williams is a significantly better basketball player than Tyson Chandler, which was the original disagreement.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...willide01.html - nope, never averaged above 21.1 for a season.

And Garnett hasn't been the Celtics best player for a while now. As far back as three playoffs ago, Rondo has been cited as the best Celtics player. Completely consolidated that over the past two seasons (and it's not even really close anymore). It's very easy to be the best player on a team when you're dropping 40+ points in the playoffs, or putting up 18-17-20 lines, and leading the league in triple doubles.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote