View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #71
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Damn. I can see why Ocelot got so worked up. It's annoying as hell to try to talk to someone who so matter of factly and dismissively states something that's patently untrue or woefully unsubstantiated.
I agree, it is annoying.

Quote:
* you're crazy to put Rondo and Parker in Williams class --> completely unsubstantiated claim
I don't really understand this. How would someone substantiate this? It's subjective. Maybe it was a bit of hyperbole, I'm certainly known for that.

Quote:
* Rondo has never been the Celtic's best player --> has arguably been their best player for years, widely recognized as such
I don't agree with this. This, again, is awfully subjective. I guess I don't have a huge problem if you believe it, but it surprises me.

Quote:
* Williams has had better years than Parker's last year --> which ones, and better how?
Um..YOU made the opposite of this claim, and never substantiated it. You gave me PER and MVP voting for God's sake. I'll take Deron's 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons over Parker's year last year. Not by a ton but I'll take them.

Quote:
* Rondo can't be an elite point guard because he scores 10ppg --> actually he scores more than that, and is as efficient scoring the ball as Kidd, a generational point guard, was in his prime. And yeah, sure, Rondo gets less rebounds, but he averages more assists and a greater assist percentage.
He scores less than Kidd and rebounds less than Kidd. Both by significant (not huge, not notable) differences. He's also, imo, not as good of a defender as Kidd was.

Quote:
* Having Chandler for 12m is an assumption with no factual basis --> Chandler states he preferred to stay in Dallas, signs a contract worth a few million more in New York, and there's no basis to believe he would take less to stay in Dallas. HOWEVER, we spend months debating and arguing about why Deron Williams would and should take less money to play in Dallas, including a great tax breakdown from EL, a discussion of the value of an extra year, and the merits of staying in a town like Dallas.
A few million more? You're giving Tyson 12Mil a year in Dallas. That's 48Mil over four years. That's leaving 10Mil on the table by not going to NY. Deron, over the same four year span, would have given up significantly less than that before even taking into account the difference in living costs. The fifth year was where all the extra money was, and he could have gotten that fifth year in his next deal.

And regardless of what the figures are, or what we argued about regarding Deron you said, verbatim
Quote:
We could have had him for $12 million a year.

And I will again reiterate that there is absolutely no facts to support that. None. Your response in this post was complet conjecture on your part. Even if I were to accept the fact that Tyson might have taken less to play here, that is a far, FAR cry from the emphatic statement you made.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote