View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #74
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Damn. I can see why Ocelot got so worked up. It's annoying as hell to try to talk to someone who so matter of factly and dismissively states something that's patently untrue or woefully unsubstantiated.

* you're crazy to put Rondo and Parker in Williams class --> completely unsubstantiated claim

* Rondo has never been the Celtic's best player --> has arguably been their best player for years, widely recognized as such

* Williams has had better years than Parker's last year --> which ones, and better how?

* Rondo can't be an elite point guard because he scores 10ppg --> actually he scores more than that, and is as efficient scoring the ball as Kidd, a generational point guard, was in his prime. And yeah, sure, Rondo gets less rebounds, but he averages more assists and a greater assist percentage.

* Having Chandler for 12m is an assumption with no factual basis --> Chandler states he preferred to stay in Dallas, signs a contract worth a few million more in New York, and there's no basis to believe he would take less to stay in Dallas. HOWEVER, we spend months debating and arguing about why Deron Williams would and should take less money to play in Dallas, including a great tax breakdown from EL, a discussion of the value of an extra year, and the merits of staying in a town like Dallas.

Just exasperating.

I'm on the east coast, it's 5:00 p.m., so I'm gonna duck out, have a beer, and go watch Batman. Peace out for a while, ya'll.
Couldn't agree more... Rep.