View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #198
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
To be honest, I have only lightly sprinkled fiction into my reading. I'm only familiar with the film adaptations of his work, although I have been told that Blood Meridian is about as real and raw as it gets. I am told that he paints very bleak narratives in a compelling way.
You have no idea what you're talking about so just stop now, but your dialogue with chum reminds me of this...

Virginia: "He then rubbed my nubile body with fruit linaments and noxema. Then he artfully covered my back with melted butter and cloves. [Roger begins licking her fingers]. And until the flies and ants came, methinks it was the finest love-making that the world have ever known.

Roger (cont'd): Hands groping, fingers fluttering, thighs twitching in the anticipation of love-making that will take place in this ha-tub in less than 12 minutes. "

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 07-23-2012 at 01:52 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote