View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #31
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
t's not like you lose James if you let him play a season in Europe, though. "Bigs take time to develop" seems like an argument for signing a veteran and giving James a year of seasoning.

The flip side is that he's 27, so you can't let him season too long.
And I'm one of those people that feel players gain more "experience" while being on the team than in D-League or some European league. The NBA is by far the fastest league in the world. It has the best athletes. There are a few nuances that Europe can teach a player. But the only way that a player will adjust to the NBA is to be immersed in it. If that means being stuck on the bench? That player will still get to compete in practice against other NBA players. He will get instruction from the coaching staff for the team he plays for. And he gets to see it first hand.

I am not talking about players that were already great and were stashed a la Splitter/Manu/Scola.... how many that were stashed away ever became anything? I don't even know a single Maverick that the Mavs have brought over here when they have stashed much less them becoming good.

Last edited by Bayliss; 07-23-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote