View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #26
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

Love Simmons:

--One of the show's [Game of Thrones] funniest moments goes to one of the month's funniest moments — Mark Cuban missing Deron Williams's visit to Dallas for the Mavericks' big "Here's why you should play for us, Deron" pitch. Why? Because Cuban was in Los Angeles taping that week's episode of Shark Tank. Does anyone else keep picturing this exchange?

Williams: "So why isn't Mark here? Is he running late?"

(Donnie Nelson and Rick Carlisle glance at each other nervously.)

Jeff Schwartz (Williams's agent): "Shouldn't we wait for him?"

Nelson (finally): "Mark can't make it today."

Schwartz: "What happened? Family emergency or something?"

(Nelson and Carlisle glance at each other nervously again.)

Williams: "Is everything all right?"

Carlisle (finally): "Have you ever seen the show he's on, Shark Tank?
(Williams and Schwartz look at him blankly.)

Carlisle: "Well … "

Anyway, you're not gonna believe this, but Williams ended up re-signing with Brooklyn. Normally I'd have more barbs here … but I actually enjoy Shark Tank. I fully support Cuban's decision to throw away Dallas's 2012 title defense to create enough cap space to potentially sign a marquee free agent like Williams, then to miss THE crucial pitch meeting with Williams because he was contractually obligated to tape a reality-TV show. I care more about Shark Tank than the fate of the Mavericks. If I rooted for the Mavericks? I might not be as happy.--

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...thrones-part-1

Last edited by Wang Zhi Zhi; 08-01-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote