View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #412
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
Speaking of Greatest Films of All Time. Here is the list Sight and Sound

I've seen 2 out of the Top 10... 3 out of Top 20...and a Total of 5 out of Top 50... So, that means my opinion on the "greatness" of films is worth far less than I originally thought. Out of the Top 10 movies, none were made after 1968... So, before I start bashing this list, I need to educate myself.
That's a nice list of requisite viewing for film students, but an awful list overall (Vertigo isn't even Hitchcock's best movie, let alone the best overall)... They obviously valued the filmmakers who pioneered the craft far more than they valued the filmmakers who perfected the craft, but they didn't even recognize most of those who perfected the craft... I've seen about 30 or so of the movies on that list and only about a dozen of them stand up to the test of time.

I call shenanigans!!!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-02-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote