View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #427
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
How does this teaser grab your tits?

(I'm sure Spiral would agree that a little John Williams/Marlon Brando goes a long way in changing the perception of what the new Superman movie could be...)
That backdrop dialogue from Brando was the teaser to Superman Returns except they used the musical piece that introduced us to Krypton in Superman The Movie instead. It has that 2001: A Space Odessy sound/feel to it. I love it. Gives me chills when I hear it to this day. Anyway...

When I read or see anything involving Superman, John Williams' score is the first thing that pops into my head. It will take a lot of doing to change that perception...He defined or interpreted so many movies during my childhood through his musical scores.

Richard Donner's vision of who should play the roles was perfect from Brando to Reeves. Christopher Reeves IS Superman to me. There will never ever be a better casting for those characters, but I think a better movie is possible. I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 08-04-2012 at 01:04 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote