View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #1430
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Zhi Zhi View Post
There may be some consequences, but you prioritize in life. Contracts aren't some sort of indentured servitude that keeps you on lock-down. They're broken all the time and then you either make the other side whole or work out a different arrangement. If missing one shooting of ST gets you sued (extremely unlikely), then so be it.

Here's a random hypo for you: You sign a contract to do repair work on some guy's house next Monday for $100. Shortly thereafter, ESPN calls and says they want you for a Sports Center anchor job (or whatever your dream job is) at 5x your current salary, but that you MUST be there on Monday for the interview.

What do you do? Do you tell ESPN you can't b/c you're "contractually obligated" for the house work? Of course not! You prioritize, tell the other dude you're cancelling, and either work with him or deal with whatever damages you may cause. Happens 100 times a day every day in every business.

This is what burns us up so much. MC prioritized and gave Shark Tank priority over the Mavs. Why, I have no idea. But he CHOSE to give them priority. Being "contractually obligated" doesn't put you under house arrest and keep you from doing something more important.
I was miffed that Cuban didn't meet with him, but your "contracts are no big deal" theme here is pretty hilarious. It's especially hilarious because you have absolutely no idea what the terms of his contract even are.

I also love "if it gets him sued...so be it." It's great to hear that you're giving somebody else the green light to get sued, in the unlikely event it happens. I'm sure Cuban will be very relieved to know that you'll be footing the bill.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 08-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote