View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #106
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
That's true in general, but it doesn't explain very well why why teams consistently deal with the Lakers when comparable or better packages are available.
I guess we would have to be sure we knew that those packages were indeed available. Can't believe everything you read, and all that. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if some GM's/owners didn't have the balls to pull off some of those deals, after all. I mean, we always hear that these trades are very complicated things that take a long time to pull off, and that most of them that are discussed never come to fruition.

Again, who knows. But something like the above is a lot more reasonable to me than the notion that teams would make some sacrifice of their own best interests in order to help the Lakers--or any other team, for that matter.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote