View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You're tossing the word "unknowable" around, then acting like the Mavs KNEW that the reigning 6th Man of the Year was going to be a complete bust when he came to Dallas?? Our front office put together a damn good team on paper while still maintaining flexibility to go after Deron and Dwight - the fact that none of that panned out was completely unknowable... Especially the part about Odom - he should've at least helped to mitigate the loss of Tyson Chandler.
They didn't know about odom before they let tyson go. If they had traded for Odom then I think your opinion makes a little more sense. Odom dropped into their lap, had the expiring contract they wanted so they took it. Completely fortuitous, not planned.

It's all unknowable to some extent. It's unknowable that the team was just flat out lucky in '11, it's unknowable that the team wouldn't have been just as competitive last year if they knew they were all together, it's unknowable what Deron would have done if Tyson was here.

What IS knowable is that the mavs had the best team in basketball, the best center that I can think of next to dirk and they decided to roll the dice. Some folks say that was really smart, I think it was really dumb. Who is right is also unknowable.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote