View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Futures Odds for 2013 - Best Value(s)?

Looking to give Vegas some action. Interested in your opinions on the futures lines. Let's start with the WC:

LAL 6/5
OKC 9/4
SAS 6/1
LAC 12/1
MEM 15/1
DAL 20/1
DEN 20/1
all others 50/1

I don't think I would ever, ever bet LA at that price. Too many unknowns still. I think there is probably some value in the OKC line (thanks to the Lakers being over-valued). The Clippers at 12/1 really stands out to me. That looks like the best value on the board. Probably some value in Dallas, too. Now for the East:

MIA 4/7
CHI 9/2
BOS 10/1
IND 12/1
NYK 15/1
BRK 15/1
PHI 15/1
all others 50/1

Could Miami possibly be worth betting 7 to win 4? My goodness. But, I think this actually may be a fair price. Much like in the West, the value may be with the second-ranked team. Getting 4.5 to 1 with Chicago is intriguing.

For the championship odds, you can basically simply double the conference odds for most teams. Here are the few at the top:

MIA 11/5
LAL 11/5
OKC 9/2
CHI 10/1
SAS 15/1

So...if you had $100 (or whatever is your taste) to spend on futures in Vegas, how would you split it up?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote