View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #589
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Getting MJD in the 5th is crazy good value. I would have taken him there for sure. I'd have probably taken him in the 3rd...definitely the 4th.

People were scared of drafting him for the same reasons you are, but I think they took it a little too far letting him drop like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Pretty sure standard settings are one point per 25 yards passing. Lessens your league's emphasis on QB stats, but not in a big way. That's interesting, the .1 per completion. I can't imagine it makes too much of a difference. It makes ten completions the same as ten yards rushing. I guess it all adds up, though.
It's been making more a difference the past few years, as a few teams have gone to offenses that consistently throw the ball 40-45 times a game. For those QBs, you're looking at an extra 2-3 points per game, which has been the margin of victory many, many times each year in our league.

But maybe the league isn't quite as QB heavy as I've though, given that standard scoring is 25 yards. I thought it was 40, for some reason.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote